Labels

Monday, June 8, 2009

Copy of an Inness

Since George Inness is my very favorite painter, I thought why not and copy one of his paintings? Maybe I could be in his shoes for a moment. Come to think of it, in all the years I've been painting I've never copied another's work except for Inness. Back in the day when I was still watercoloring and learning about various artists I remember being struck by an Inness landscape in an art magazine. I tried to copy it in watercolors without much success. Now that I have years of research about past great artists I firmly believe Inness was a true master. To him there was no separation between life, nature, art, and the spiritual. The spiritual element is what sets him apart from most artists. It certainly shows in his work! Thank you, George.

No comments: